World TB Day – Unite to End TB
- Express Clinics
- September 4, 2018
World TB Day
- 10.4 million New TB cases found in 2016 worldwide and 1.7 died from the disease.
- 95% TB cases happen in low and middle income countries. India leads among the seven countries with 64% of TB cases around the world. Another six countries are Indonesia, China, Philippines, Pakistan, Nigeria, and South Africa.
- Among 10.4 million TB cases, 1 million were children and 2, 50,000 died in 2016.
- HIV positive patients are mostly affected by TB and 40% of HIV patients died in 2016 due to TB.
- WHO and the Stop TB Partnership show their commitment towards ending TB by 2030.
- It is observed that 53 million patients were saved from TB by giving them proper diagnosis and treatment in between the year 2000 to 2016.
- It is estimated by WHO that only 2% of annual decline of TB cases globally. It should be increased by 4-5 % annual decline to reach the goal by 2030.
- Tuberculosis mainly affects the lungs and it is contaminated from person to person through the air.
- There are two types of TB: Latent TB and Active TB. Latent TB can be cured with antibiotics and for active TB doctors prescribe multiple medicines.
- Tuberculosis can be prevented. If active TB patients get proper TB treatment, then TB will not be infectious and so others cannot get infected easily. To prevent TB vaccinate your children with BCG injections and adults is not recommended for this vaccination.
World TB Day – Strategy to End TB
WHO End TB Strategy is:
- To reduce TB deaths by 95%
- To cut new cases of TB by 90% between 2015 and 2035
- To ensure that no family is burdened with catastrophic expenses due to TB
- Integrate patient-centered care and prevention
- Bold policies and supportive systems
- Intensify research and innovation
The above strategy can be successful when a country will implement the below points accompanying with the above strategy:
- Government has to take the leadership and should observe and assess the result with full responsibility
- Government should collaborate with civil society organizations and communities
- Assurance and advancement of human rights, morals and value
- Government should adjust the strategy and put forward the targets at national level, with worldwide joint effort.
Shop No 18 & 19, Ground Floor Giriraj Housing Society Ltd Plot No 7 & 8, Sector 44, Palm Beach Road Nerul – Seawoods (West), Navi Mumbai – 400706
Ground Floor, Mohan Plaza-II, Sr. No-3 Hissa No-1, Near Potdar International School, Khadakpada Wayle Nagar, Kalyan (w) Pincode – 421301
Kalyani Nagar, Pune:
Ground Floor, B1 Building, Cerebrum IT Park, Behind Marigold Society, Kalyani Nagar, Pune 411014
Shop no 18/19/20, L3 Building, Empire Estate, Chinchwad, Pune – 411019
Satara Road, Pune:
Shop No – 110 – 111, Pentagon Building, Shahu College Road, Next to Kaka Halwai, Satara Road, Pune – 411009
Magarpatta A Wing, Pune:
S -10, 2nd Floor, A – wing Destination Centre, Magarpatta, Hadapsar, Pune – 411013
Pimple Saudagar, Pune:
Shop No-203, 2nd Floor, Rainbow Plaza, Near Shivar Garden Chowk, Pimple Saudagar, Pune – 411057
Viman Nagar, Pune:
Row House No-2, Plot No – 88, Wing F, Nitron Landmark, Vimannagar, Pune-14
FC Road, Pune:
Shop No 9 to 13, Ground Floor, Mantri House, Next to Kotak Mahindra Bank, Fergusson College Road, Dnyaneshwar Paduka Chowk, Shivaji Nagar, Pune – 411005
Lajpat Nagar, Delhi:
C-11, Lajpat Nagar- III, New Delhi – 110024
SCO-58, Sector-56, HUDA Shopping Centre, Gurgaon – 122002 ( Near MORE Store)
Plot No.9, First Floor, Opp.IGL Gas Station, Sector-12A, Dwarka -110075
Punjabi Bagh, Delhi:
Basement, 14, West Avenue Road, West Punjabi Bagh, Punjabi Bagh, Delhi – 110026
E 1/13, Sector-7, Opposite M2K Mall, Rohini, New Delhi – 110085
C-60, Sector-2 Main Road, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida (UP) – 201301
403, Nitikhand 2 Near Swarn Jayanti Park , Opposite Bihari Market & Krishna Vista Gate No.3, Indirapuram , Ghaziabad UP-201014.
1D, BP Hardware Chowk, Faridabad. PIN – 121001
HSR Layout, Bengaluru:
No #. 244, 17Th Cross, 7th Sector, Near BDA Complex, Opposite vasan eye & dental care hospital, HSR Layout, Bengaluru – 560102
Plot No 137, Ground Floor, 5th Block, JNC Road, Koramangala, Bengaluru – 560095
UB ELEGA, No Marathali, 90, Outer Ring Rd, Jyothi Puram, Kartik Nagar, Marathahalli, Bengaluru – 560037
Kalyan Nagar, Bengaluru:
#803,Ground Floor, SS Comforts, 2nd Cross, HRBR Layout, 1st Block, Kalyan Nagar, Bengaluru – 560043