Natural Remedies for Arthritis
- Express Clinics
- September 4, 2018
Natural Remedies for Arthritis
Maintain a Healthy Weight
If you gain weight, it has a direct effect on your body joints. The more weight you gain, the more pain you will experience from arthritis. Additional weight puts more weight on your joints —, particularly your knees, hips, and feet.
Losing weight can reduce the stress on your joints. Loosing weight naturally can be one of the best natural remedies for Arthritis So get in shape to make your body most versatile and also to get rid of arthritis pain and any more damage to your bones.
Arthritis pain is very common in overweight or obese people. As they have joint pain in various parts of their bodies, especially their hands due to inflammation. An increase in stored fat cells can speed up the rate at which joints break down, especially in people who have other risk factors for arthritis. So it is important to maintain a healthy weight by following a healthy lifestyle which includes a nutrient-dense diet, reducing stress and staying active.
Add Right Foods in your Diet
First and foremost stop eating fried and processed foods. Add healthy foods in your diet. Here are some lists of foods given below:
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: It helps to reduce joint stiffness and pain. Omega 3 fatty acids present in fishes like Salmon, flaxseeds, chia seeds, and walnuts.
- Foods contain Sulphur: It helps to reduce joint inflammation and rebuild tissues. Foods high in sulfur are onions, garlic, asparagus, and cabbage.
- High-antioxidant foods: Antioxidant properties help in relieving the pain. Many fruits and vegetables are high in antioxidant properties along with vitamin C, vitamin A, fiber, magnesium, potassium, calcium, digestive enzymes, and anti-inflammatory compounds. For example a Combination of honey and cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, ginger, garlic, cloves. Fruits like melon, strawberries, avocado, pineapple and oranges. Vegetables like spinach, sprouts, broccoli, beet root, red bell pepper.
- High Fiber foods: It helps in digestion and lowers the risk of gaining weight which helps in reducing arthritis pain.
Foods to Avoid
To help keep inflammation levels low, try to avoid these foods as part of a healing arthritis diet:
- Excess sugar
- Hydrogenated oils (soybean oil, cottonseed oil, even canola oil)
- Refined conventional grains like gluten, flour products and wheat products and
- If you have an autoimmune disease, then also nightshade vegetables like potatoes, eggplant and tomatoes.
Get more Activities
Exercise is beneficial for strengthening the muscles around the affected joint, which provides added support and less strain. Exercises that are most appropriate for people with arthritis include:
- Daily stretches for improved range of motion and flexibility.
- Brisk walking for cardiovascular and immune benefits.
- Aerobic exercises for building strength and endurance, including aquatic exercises, walking, jogging, bicycling, swimming or using the elliptical machine.
- Strength training using light weights, cables or your own bodyweight exercises for resistance.
Natural Remedies for Arthritis
Use Hot and Cold Therapy
Basic hot and cold therapy can improve things greatly with regards to arthritis pain. Long, warm showers particularly toward the beginning of the day can help ease solidness in your joints. Use an electric hot bag around evening time to keep your joints free.
Fill one container with cold water and a tray of ice cubs; the other container with hot water at a temperature you can tolerate to touch. Starting with cold, immerse the hurting joint for a minute, then switch to the hot water and immerse for 30 seconds. Then switch from cold to hot for about 15 minutes, immersing the affected joint in each for 30 seconds each time. Finish with cold water for a minute.
Add Turmeric and Get some Herbal Supplements
Use turmeric to every dish you cook as it contains a chemical called curcumin that can reduce the arthritis pain.
There are many herbal supplements available in the market to reduce joint pain. Some recommended herbal supplements are:
- Devil’s Claw
- Stinging Nettle
- Thunder God Vine
Note: Always consult your doctor before trying any of the herbal supplements to avoid it side effects.
Get a Massage and Try Acupuncture
According to the Arthritis Foundation, regular massaging of arthritic joints can help reduce pain and stiffness and improve your range of motion. Also check with your doctor for a recommendation of a massage therapist.
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medical treatment that involves inserting thin needles into specific points on your body. This is supposed to reroute energies and restore balance in your body. Acupuncture is the most researched complementary therapy and is recommended by the World Health Organization for treatment of over 100 different conditions.
Shop No 18 & 19, Ground Floor Giriraj Housing Society Ltd Plot No 7 & 8, Sector 44, Palm Beach Road Nerul – Seawoods (West), Navi Mumbai – 400706
Ground Floor, Mohan Plaza-II, Sr. No-3 Hissa No-1, Near Potdar International School, Khadakpada Wayle Nagar, Kalyan (w) Pincode – 421301
Kalyani Nagar, Pune:
Ground Floor, B1 Building, Cerebrum IT Park, Behind Marigold Society, Kalyani Nagar, Pune 411014
Shop no 18/19/20, L3 Building, Empire Estate, Chinchwad, Pune – 411019
Satara Road, Pune:
Shop No – 110 – 111, Pentagon Building, Shahu College Road, Next to Kaka Halwai, Satara Road, Pune – 411009
Magarpatta A Wing, Pune:
S -10, 2nd Floor, A – wing Destination Centre, Magarpatta, Hadapsar, Pune – 411013
Pimple Saudagar, Pune:
Shop No-203, 2nd Floor, Rainbow Plaza, Near Shivar Garden Chowk, Pimple Saudagar, Pune – 411057
Viman Nagar, Pune:
Row House No-2, Plot No – 88, Wing F, Nitron Landmark, Vimannagar, Pune-14
FC Road, Pune:
Shop No 9 to 13, Ground Floor, Mantri House, Next to Kotak Mahindra Bank, Fergusson College Road, Dnyaneshwar Paduka Chowk, Shivaji Nagar, Pune – 411005
Lajpat Nagar, Delhi:
C-11, Lajpat Nagar- III, New Delhi – 110024
SCO-58, Sector-56, HUDA Shopping Centre, Gurgaon – 122002 ( Near MORE Store)
Plot No.9, First Floor, Opp.IGL Gas Station, Sector-12A, Dwarka -110075
Punjabi Bagh, Delhi:
Basement, 14, West Avenue Road, West Punjabi Bagh, Punjabi Bagh, Delhi – 110026
E 1/13, Sector-7, Opposite M2K Mall, Rohini, New Delhi – 110085
C-60, Sector-2 Main Road, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida (UP) – 201301
403, Nitikhand 2 Near Swarn Jayanti Park , Opposite Bihari Market & Krishna Vista Gate No.3, Indirapuram , Ghaziabad UP-201014.
1D, BP Hardware Chowk, Faridabad. PIN – 121001
HSR Layout, Bengaluru:
No #. 244, 17Th Cross, 7th Sector, Near BDA Complex, Opposite vasan eye & dental care hospital, HSR Layout, Bengaluru – 560102
Plot No 137, Ground Floor, 5th Block, JNC Road, Koramangala, Bengaluru – 560095
UB ELEGA, No Marathali, 90, Outer Ring Rd, Jyothi Puram, Kartik Nagar, Marathahalli, Bengaluru – 560037
Kalyan Nagar, Bengaluru:
#803,Ground Floor, SS Comforts, 2nd Cross, HRBR Layout, 1st Block, Kalyan Nagar, Bengaluru – 560043