What is a Heart Healthy Diet?
- Express Clinics
- September 4, 2018
But you can lower your risk—and eating a heart-healthy diet is a good place to start. Load up on these five foods today and your ticker will thank you later.
Whether you have years of unhealthy eating under your belt or you simply wanted to fine-tune your diet, here are eight heart-healthy diet tips. Once you know which foods to eat more of and which foods to limit, you’ll be on your way toward a heart-healthy diet.
- Control your portion size
- Eat more vegetables and fruits
- Select whole grains
- Limit unhealthy fats
- Choose low-fat protein sources
- Reduce the sodium in your food
- Plan ahead: Create daily menus
- Allow yourself an occasional treat
15 foods those are good for your heart
- Eat fish high in omega-3s, such as salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring and trout.
- A handful of healthy nuts such as almonds or walnuts will satisfy your hunger and help your heart.
- Berries are chock full of heart-healthy phytonutrients and soluble fiber. Try blueberries, strawberries, cranberries or raspberries in cereal or yogurt.
- Flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and phytoestogens to boost heart health. Take them in ground or milled form to reap the greatest benefit.
- Oatmeal: the comfort-food nutrient powerhouse.
- Dark beans,such as kidney or black beans, are high in fiber, B-vitamins, minerals and other good stuff. Veggie chili, anyone?
- A 4-ounce glass of red wine (up to two for men and one for women per day) can help improve good (HDL) cholesterol levels.
- Try marinated tofu in a stir-fry with fresh veggies for a heart-healthy lunch or dinner.
- Red, yellow and orange veggies such as carrots, sweet potatoes, red peppers and acorn squash are packed with carotenoids, fiber and vitamins to help your heart.
- Popeye was right – spinach packs a punch! Use it in sandwiches and salads instead of lettuce.
- Fruits such as oranges, cantaloupes and papaya are rich in beta-carotene, potassium, magnesium and fiber.
- Tender, sweet asparagus is filled with mighty nutrients such as beta-carotene, folate and fiber, and only provide 25 calories per cup, or 5 calories per large spear.
- Tomatoes – even sun-dried varieties in winter months – provide lycopene, vitamin C and alpha- and beta-carotene.
- Dark chocolate is good for your heart health, but just be sure that it’s at least 70 percent cocoa.
- Crisp, fresh broccoli florets dipped in hummus are a terrific heart-healthy snack with a whopping list of nutrients, including vitamins C and E, potassium, folate, calcium and fiber.
Shop No 18 & 19, Ground Floor Giriraj Housing Society Ltd Plot No 7 & 8, Sector 44, Palm Beach Road Nerul – Seawoods (West), Navi Mumbai – 400706
Ground Floor, Mohan Plaza-II, Sr. No-3 Hissa No-1, Near Potdar International School, Khadakpada Wayle Nagar, Kalyan (w) Pincode – 421301
Kalyani Nagar, Pune:
Ground Floor, B1 Building, Cerebrum IT Park, Behind Marigold Society, Kalyani Nagar, Pune 411014
Shop no 18/19/20, L3 Building, Empire Estate, Chinchwad, Pune – 411019
Satara Road, Pune:
Shop No – 110 – 111, Pentagon Building, Shahu College Road, Next to Kaka Halwai, Satara Road, Pune – 411009
Magarpatta A Wing, Pune:
S -10, 2nd Floor, A – wing Destination Centre, Magarpatta, Hadapsar, Pune – 411013
Pimple Saudagar, Pune:
Shop No-203, 2nd Floor, Rainbow Plaza, Near Shivar Garden Chowk, Pimple Saudagar, Pune – 411057
Viman Nagar, Pune:
Row House No-2, Plot No – 88, Wing F, Nitron Landmark, Vimannagar, Pune-14
FC Road, Pune:
Shop No 9 to 13, Ground Floor, Mantri House, Next to Kotak Mahindra Bank, Fergusson College Road, Dnyaneshwar Paduka Chowk, Shivaji Nagar, Pune – 411005
Lajpat Nagar, Delhi:
C-11, Lajpat Nagar- III, New Delhi – 110024
SCO-58, Sector-56, HUDA Shopping Centre, Gurgaon – 122002 ( Near MORE Store)
Plot No.9, First Floor, Opp.IGL Gas Station, Sector-12A, Dwarka -110075
Punjabi Bagh, Delhi:
Basement, 14, West Avenue Road, West Punjabi Bagh, Punjabi Bagh, Delhi – 110026
E 1/13, Sector-7, Opposite M2K Mall, Rohini, New Delhi – 110085
C-60, Sector-2 Main Road, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida (UP) – 201301
403, Nitikhand 2 Near Swarn Jayanti Park , Opposite Bihari Market & Krishna Vista Gate No.3, Indirapuram , Ghaziabad UP-201014.
1D, BP Hardware Chowk, Faridabad. PIN – 121001
HSR Layout, Bengaluru:
No #. 244, 17Th Cross, 7th Sector, Near BDA Complex, Opposite vasan eye & dental care hospital, HSR Layout, Bengaluru – 560102
Plot No 137, Ground Floor, 5th Block, JNC Road, Koramangala, Bengaluru – 560095
UB ELEGA, No Marathali, 90, Outer Ring Rd, Jyothi Puram, Kartik Nagar, Marathahalli, Bengaluru – 560037
Kalyan Nagar, Bengaluru:
#803,Ground Floor, SS Comforts, 2nd Cross, HRBR Layout, 1st Block, Kalyan Nagar, Bengaluru – 560043
Different Healthcare Packages @Express Clinics:
Smart Women Packages (72 Parameters) MRP 8,800 Discounted rate @3999/-
Senior Citizen Health Check Up (70 Parameters) MRP 9,800 Discounted rate @ 3,599/-
Preventive Health Check Up (63 Parameters) MRP 2,720 Discounted rate @999/-
Master Health Check Up (71 Parameters) MRP 7,070 Discounted rate @2,999/-
Full Body Check Up (96 Parameters) MRP 18,335 Discounted rate @ 6,999/-
Express Health Check Up (88 Parameters) MRP 11,760 Discounted rate @ 4,699/-
Executive Health Check Up (71 Parameters) MRP 4,940 Discounted rate @1999/-